Difference between revisions of "MultiBit"
(Created page with "right|800px|screenshot of Multibit with its Windows XP GUI and Metal theme [http://multibit.org MultiBit] is a lightweight "Th...")
m (1 revision imported)
Latest revision as of 21:39, 24 October 2017
MultiBit is a lightweight "thin client" Bitcoin wallet for Windows, MacOS and Linux based on bitcoinj. Its main advantages over the original Bitcoin client include support for opening multiple wallets simultaneously, and not requiring the download of the entire multi-gigabyte block chain (22.5GB as of October 2014). The project is lead by UK developer Jim Burton.
- Multiple wallets can be open at the same time
- Synchronizes with the network in minutes
- Shows the last BTC <--> USD rate from VirtEx and other exchanges
- Import and export your private keys
- Chart of your balance over the last 30 days
- Free and open source (MIT license)
- Localized in a variety of languages
MultiBit was announced on September 12, 2011.
- MultiBit project website
- GitHub repo
- Google Group
- YouTube channel with "getting started" screencast
- How to Create a Bitcoin Wallet with MultiBit